Welcome to Water World’s Service Department. We offer our customers access to certified and Factory Trained technicians using the best in diagnostic tools and skills to help repair your mechanical problems. Once we have identified the problem and its cause we can offer an estimate of repairs. Please note that only the cost of specific procedures designed to correct the problem can be estimated. We cannot guarantee that these procedures will fix all of your problems. Sometimes correct diagnosis comes only as a process of elimination. Occasionally, after one problem is fixed, other underlying problems may surface. To help minimize frustration for all party’s concerned, we have developed the following policies:
- Only after bringing the boat into our shop and having the technicians diagnose the problem can we give a realistic estimate of repair costs. The elapsed time until this initial inspection varies seasonally. We will give you an estimate of the time that it will take to complete your repairs based on the current work load.
- We have a minimum repair rate of $85.00 per hour with a minimum of 1 hour. As a reminder to you the customer, all the time used to contact you to verify procedures and charges can add time and money to your repair. If possible please give us an upper limit for repairs to allow us to proceed as fast as possible.
- If the repair estimate exceeds the estimated amount, we will call you after our initial diagnosis, we will give you our best estimate on the cost of repairing the problems found and we will give a further estimate of the time it will take to complete the repairs. It is important that we have the correct phone number(s).
- If parts are needed to be ordered, the estimated wait for parts would be approximately 1 week or more depending on availability and shipping.
- Freight charges on special orders will be added to your repair order. If you wish for us to expedite the parts ordering process let us know as soon as possible as many manufacturers offer expedited shipping at a cost. These and any other shipping charges will be added to your repair order. Please understand that shipment and supply are totally out of our control. Our estimate is based on normal delivery times.
- If your repairs are extensive and involve ordering expensive parts, or if the repairs reach the value of the boat, we will ask for a deposit before proceeding.
- If you decide not to proceed with the repairs you will still be responsible for the expense to create the estimate.
- We are very sensitive to the needs of our environment. We utilize more expensive bio-degradable products where ever possible. When polluting by-products are produced, we dispose of them in an environmentally friendly way that is often very expensive. To help defray the costs of keeping our world a better place to live, we add a 5% surcharge on labor to your final bill. This cost covers the environmental fees, as well as, small items such as tie wraps, tape, wire, connectors, shop supplies, etc., that are not economically reasonable to take the time to itemize on your bill. This is designed as a money saving simplification for both parties. We DO NOT charge you for disposal of gear lubes or oil. However, if you need to dispose of old gas, there is an additional fee of $7.50 per gallon.
- Once the job is completed, we will notify you at one of the phone numbers on your repair order. Because we have limited yard space we must ask you to pick up your boat as soon as possible. If the boat is left for more than 5 (five) days after notification that the repairs are complete, we will have to charge you $10.00 per day storage. This will be added to your repair order. We do not want to charge you a storage fee, however, we must enforce timely pick-ups to be able to effectively serve our customers.
- We warranty our work for 60 days from the time of completion. Any failures recurring from improper completion of a specific repair billed on your repair order will be repaired at no cost to you. We hope this will not happen but occasionally problems do occur. If you should ever have a return problem, we will make every attempt to get you in and out quickly.
- In an effort to save you money, we may recommend that after a specific procedure was performed you take your boat and test it in the water. Some problems will show only in the water at full rpm or back pressure. We have special equipment in-house to simulate these conditions, but we cannot exactly duplicate full throttle on the water. If we send a mechanic to test your boat, you will be responsible to pay for his time on the test trip. If, when you lake test the boat and the problem re-occurs, secondary problems are probably indicated. You should expect to pay for any additional repairs required.
We look forward to serving you and hope that our interaction will be a mutually beneficial one. If you should have any problems, please don’t hesitate to let us know. Only by recognizing our problems areas, can we hope to improve. Good communication and trust can ease the path for all concerned. Thanks for using Water World for your boat service needs.
Start preparing for a great summer of boating with our de-winterization. Our watercraft professionals will check over the entire watercraft and provide a fully printed-out boat inspection report for you at no additional cost.
- Battery: Inspect and check voltage
- Battery Cables: Inspect
- Belts: Inspect
- Bilge Pump: Test
- Blower Motor: Test
- Drive Oil: Check fluid level - stern drive
- Engine Oil: Check fluid level and condition
- Hoses: Inspect and tighten
- Hydraulic Fluid: Check fluid level - stern drive
- Flame Arrestor: Inspect
- Power Steering: Check fluid level - stern drive
- Transmission Fluid: Check fluid level and condition - inboard
- Water Separating Fuel Filter: Inspect
- Oil Pressure: Check function and reading
- Temperature: Check function and reading
- Fuel: Check function and reading
- Volts: Check function and reading